Followers

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week 2 Action Research Reflection



I feel really good about this week's work.  I enjoyed listening to the interviews and feel I gained great knowledge from them.  I also feel very successful about my action research discussion with my site supervisor.   The following is a short reflection on my action research topic ideas.

My three topics I considered for my action research plan were:  problem based learning, attendance, and parent communication. 
I spoke with my site supervisor (my principal) about these topics.  She agreed that all three of these topics would be good for an action research plan.  We talked about each topic and how it connects to our campus and what our biggest issues and concerns are.  We also discussed what major things are happening on our campus.
We decided that the topic of problem based learning would be the best topic for my action research plan.  PBL is our campus curriculum and I am a district coach for PBL.  As a coach I will be receiving training on how to implement PBL in other schools across the district so I will be doing lots of research on PBL. My site supervisor believes that this will be an excellent topic for action research and that as a coach I will become an expert on the topic.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your discussion over PBL. I believe I commented back regarding how I feel that it could coincide with our Positive Behavior Intervention. I am very interested in following your work.

    For some reason, my URL did not make the list....could you help me out and follow my blog at http://davidtarver7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,
    I completely agree with you about your Positive Behavior Intervention coinciding with PBL. With PBL student engagement is so high there is very little room for negative behaviors in the classroom. Students with negative behaviors quickly figure out there is not time for it. I will give you more info in my upcoming posts. Thank you so much for your interest!! I will definitely follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete